Skilled Trades Applications – Canada

It is well known, that Canada accepts immigrants, who have work experience in a skilled trade.
skilled trades immigrate to Canada

As of January 1, 2015, Immigration Canada is using an express entry system, whereby if you have experience in a trade or technical occupation and English or French language proficiency, but only at a basic minimum level, and other acceptable factors you may apply to Immigration Canada.

If your application is accepted and you are invited to apply for a permanent immigration visa, your application will be fast-tracked, and be able to arrive in Canada in about six months.

There is no longer an acceptable list of occupations for the Federal Skilled Trades class to be eligible to apply to immigrate to Canada. There is no quota any longer of the number of applications Immigration Canada will accept, for foreign nationals.

Every few weeks Immigration Canada will draw out which applications from the Federal Skilled Trades class that are acceptable to them for an invitation to apply to immigrate.

Some examples of eligible Federal Skilled Trades are:

  • Chefs
  • Butchers
  • Bakers
  • Welders
  • Electricians
  • Plumbers
  • Carpenters
  • Brick layers
  • Drywall installers
  • Mechanics
  • Crane operator
  • Printing press operator
  • Tile setters
  • Tool and die makers
  • Machinists
  • Telecommunications installation and repair workers

The office of Joel E. Tencer has a high success rate in successfully processing immigration applications. Due to our thorough understanding and assessment of the procedures we are able to help prospective individuals to successfully complete the many legal requirements to immigrate to Canada. Please complete the free self assessment application to initiate your skilled worker application.

You will also need two years of full-time work experience in the last five years, before applying to immigrate.

If you are invited to apply for immigration, you will be given 60 days to submit all relevant documents, and in about six months you will be issued a permanent resident visa.

The Canadian Government has more information on it’s website. See Skilled Trades immigration to Canada.

Joel Tencer, Canadian Immigration Consultant

Tel: (416) 850-9851
Fax: (416) 850-8302
ICCRC Membership #: R420343
Visit Membership Page
1018 Finch Avenue West, Suite 223,
Toronto, Ontario, M3J 3L5 Canada

latest news link See the latest Canadian Immigration News